Website Terms of Service
Last revised on: September 19, 2018
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms,” “Terms of Service” or “Agreement”) carefully, as it constitutes a legally binding agreement and applies to your use of (a) www.brickpluswork.com and all corresponding domains, subdomains, web pages and websites associated therewith (the “Services”), and (b) any other data, analyses, screens, reports, documentation, spreadsheets, photographs, maps , content, widgets, tools, applications, features, functionality, information and services offered on or through the Services (the foregoing subsections (a) and (b) are collectively referred to herein as the “Services”), which are offered to you by Brick Work, LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
These Terms of Service set forth the legally binding terms and conditions that govern your use of the Services. By accessing or using the Services, you are accepting these Terms (on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent), and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into these Terms (on behalf of yourself or the entity that you represent). you may not access or use the Services or accept the Terms if you are not at least 18 years old. If you do not agree with all of the provisions of these Terms, do not access and/or use the Services.
These terms require the use of arbitration (Section 12.2) on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
Account Creation. In order to use certain features of the Services, you must register for an account (“Account”) and provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the account registration form. You represent and warrant that: (a) all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and (c) if you open an account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (i) “you” includes you and that entity, and (ii) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms of Service, and that you agree to these Terms of Service on the entity’s behalf.
- . You may delete your Account at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Services. Company may suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with Section 11.
- Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- No Resale of Service. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your brickpluswork.com user ID or password), use of the Service, or access to the Service. Unless otherwise agreed with brickpluswork.com in writing, your user ID and password is for the use of one and only person, you.
- Access to the Services
- License. Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access the Services solely for your own personal, noncommercial use or for Professional Use as described in Section 2.3 below.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Services; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services; and (c) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Subject to the restrictions set forth in these Terms of Service, you may copy information from the Services only as necessary for your personal use or Professional Use to view, save, print, fax and/or e-mail such information. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Services (or on any content displayed on the Services) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Professional Use. If you are a real estate professional acting in your professional capacity, you may additionally use the Services to provide information, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to your clients and to take actions on behalf of your clients (“Professional Use”). If you use the Services for Professional Use, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required authorizations and consents from your client.
- Modification. You acknowledge that Company may establish limits concerning use of the Services, including the maximum number of days that the Content can be retained by the Services, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Services, and the frequency with which you may access the Services. You agree that Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Services. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services or any part thereof. “Content” shall mean all postings, messages, text, reports, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content“) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Services.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Services.
- Ownership. The Services are owned and operated by Company. The user interfaces, design, information, data, code, products, software, graphics, and all other elements of the Services (“Company Materials”) provided by Company are protected by intellectual property and other laws and are the property of Company or Company’s third-party licensors. Certain data on the Services is owned by government agencies which include the Los Angeles Department City of Planning. Except as expressly allowed by these Terms of Service, you may not make use of the Company Materials, and Company reserves all rights to the Company Materials and Services not granted expressly in these Terms of Service.
- Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Services) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 2.1. Company and its suppliers or licensors reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- Prohibited Use. By using the Services, you agree NOT to:
- post Content that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
- make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service;
- use information provided by Company through the Services in making any loan-related decisions;
- use the Services in any way that is unlawful, or harms Company, its service providers, suppliers, or any other user;
- make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as forums) that are designated for such purpose;
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- impersonate another person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;
- reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other web site, application, or service, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the Services, except as explicitly permitted by Company for a particular portion of the Services;
- upload invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents to the Services;
- interfere with, or compromise the system integrity or security of the Services, or otherwise bypass any measures Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services;
- conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) on the Services;
- use any of Company’s trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services; or
- attempt to, or permit or encourage any third party to, do any of the above.
- User Content. Although Company does not claim ownership of Content that its users post, by posting Content to any area of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service (for example, agreeing to publish your report for a property), you automatically grant Company all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Services by any party for any purpose except as permitted under these Terms.
- Fees. You may be required to pay fees to access certain features of the Services. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are non-refundable. If Company changes the fees for all or part of the Services, including by adding fees or charges, Company will provide you advance notice of those changes. If you do not accept the changes, Company may discontinue providing the applicable part of the Services to you. Company’s authorized third-party payment processor will charge the payment method you specified at the time of purchase. You authorize Company to charge all fees as described in these Terms of Service for the Services you select to that payment method. If you pay any fees with a credit card, Company may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account before your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase.
The Services may include features that allow for automatically recurring payments for periodic charges (“Subscription Service”). If you decide to activate a Subscription Service, you authorize Company to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or your account, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. The subscription will continue unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You must cancel your subscription thirty (30) days before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic subscription fee to your account. We will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information). Company may change the subscription fee for any subsequent subscription period but will provide you advance notice of any increase before it applies. You may cancel a Subscription Service by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, by contacting your business consultant, or through your settings page for the paid feature.
All charges for the Services are facilitated through Stripe Connect, a third-party payment processing service. You may make a purchase for our Services (for example, the Subscription Services) and must agree and are subject the Stripe Connected Account Agreement which includes the Stripe Services Agreement. You must expressly consent to this Stripe Connected Account Agreement and Stripe Services Agreement. By agreeing to this Agreement, or continuing to use our Services, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe from time to time. As a condition of Company enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Company accurate and complete information about you and your business (if applicable), and you authorize Company to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company, its suppliers and licensors (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of : (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your breach of these Terms of Service; (c) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party; (e) any Content you upload to, or otherwise make available through, the Services; (f) your willful misconduct; and (g) any other party’s access to and/or use of the Services using your account and password. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Third-Party Services; Other Users
- Third Party Service. The Site provides you with access to third party websites, databases, networks, servers, information, software, programs, systems, directories, applications, products or services (hereinafter “Third Party Service”).
Company does not have or maintain any control over Third Party Service, and is not and cannot be responsible for their content, operation or use. By linking or otherwise providing access to any Third Party Service, Company does not give any representation, warranty or endorsement, express or implied, with respect to the legality, accuracy, quality or authenticity of content, tutorials, information or services provided by such Third Party Service.
You are solely responsible for taking the precautions necessary to protect yourself from fraud when using Third Party Service, and to protect your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content and material that may be included on or may emanate from any Third Party Service.
Company disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for any harm resulting from your use of Third Party Service, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against Company with respect to the content or operation of any Third Party Service.
- Other Users. Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
- Release. You agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Company is under no obligation to become involved. You hereby release and forever discharge the Company (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Services (including any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Services users or any Third Party Service). IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- no rendering of financial or real estate advice. company does not, and the services are not intended to, provide financial or real estate advice. If you intend to create or join any service, receive or request any news, messages, alerts or other information from the Services concerning investments or real estate transactions, please read the above Sections 9 and 10 again. They are especially relevant to you. The Service is provided for informational purposes only, and no Content included in the Service is intended for investing or real estate transaction purposes. Company and its licensors shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the Service, and shall not be responsible or liable for any investment or real estate transaction decisions based on such information.
COMPANY PROVIDES THE SERVICES “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE; AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY COMPANY ENTITY OR THE SERVICES THAT IS NOT EXPRESSIVELY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USER, AND ANY MATERIALS, INCLUDING ALL USER AND COMPANY MATERIALS, AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINMENT OF MATERIALS THROUGH THE SERVICES AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THOSE MATERIALS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OR WARRANTIES AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF FIRST USE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF, BASED ON, OR RESULTING FROM THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR YOUR USE OR ACCESS, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON (A) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (B) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (C) NEGLIGENCE, OR (D) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF MATERIALS; (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES; (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES; (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES; AND/OR (7) CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (X) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENTS OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIMS; AND (Y) $50. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Term and Termination. Except as stated in separate product-specific agreements, you may terminate your account at any time by contacting email@example.com. If you terminate your account, you remain obligated to pay all outstanding fees, if any, incurred prior to termination relating to your use of the Services. If you violate any provision of these Terms of Service, your permission from Company to use the Services will terminate automatically. In addition, Company may in its sole discretion terminate your account on the Services or suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time for any reason, with or without notice. Company may alter, suspend or discontinue the Services or any portion of the Services without notice. Company will not be liable whatsoever for any change to the Services or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Services. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 2.2 through 7 and Sections 3 through 12.
- Changes. These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Your continued use of the Services after the effectiveness of such changes will constitute acceptance of and agreement to any such changes. You further waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes to these Terms of Service. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms of Service.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed to, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 22647 Ventura Blvd #448, Woodland Hills, California 91364. After the Notice is received, you and the Company may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Arbitration Rules. Arbitration shall be initiated through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), an established alternative dispute resolution provider (“ADR Provider”) that offers arbitration as set forth in this section. If AAA is not available to arbitrate, the parties shall agree to select an alternative ADR Provider. The rules of the ADR Provider shall govern all aspects of the arbitration, including but not limited to the method of initiating and/or demanding arbitration, except to the extent such rules are in conflict with the Terms. The AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules (“Arbitration Rules”) governing the arbitration are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single, neutral arbitrator. Any claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) may be resolved through binding non-appearance-based arbitration, at the option of the party seeking relief. For claims or disputes where the total amount of the award sought is Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $10,000.00) or more, the right to a hearing will be determined by the Arbitration Rules. Any hearing will be held in Los Angeles County, California, and unless the parties agree otherwise. If you reside outside of the U.S., the arbitrator shall give the parties reasonable notice of the date, time and place of any oral hearings. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall bear its own costs (including attorney’s fees) and disbursements arising out of the arbitration and shall pay an equal share of the fees and costs of the ADR Provider.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Time Limits. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Authority of Arbitrator. If arbitration is initiated, the arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and the Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages, and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the AAA Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and the Company.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND THE COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS BASIS, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR LITIGATED JOINTLY OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
- Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or the Company may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Los Angeles County, California, for such purpose
- Export. The Services may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Disclosures. Company is located at the address in Section 12.8. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Services or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Services or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Entire Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2018 Brick Work, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information:
Brick Work, LLC
22647 Ventura Blvd #448
Woodland Hills, California 91364